Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. I will only promote products I love and use myself.
How many snacks do you eat each day?
I probably eat 3 snacks every day! Snacks make up a decent portion of what I eat throughout the day, so, of course, I want to make smart, healthy choices.
If you’re snackin’ smart you’ll:
- Eat more fruits, veggies, and important nutrients
- Be fueled until your next meal
- Eat more protein, keeping you full and satisfied
But many of the easy, go-to snacks you see on the shelves are NOT filled with important nutrients, and are NOT fueling, and are NOT filling.
So I’ve put together a list of my favorite smart snacks that are healthy and simple:
These are ordered with the healthiest options first and the more convenient options last.
1. Veggie sticks and hummus. Make your own hummus in just 5 minutes! Serve with baby carrots, celery, bell pepper slices, or cucumber.
2. Edamame. Look for individual packages that can be microwaved, then flavor with salt or soy sauce.
3. Almonds and an orange
4. Apple and peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter)
5. Grapes and cheese
6. Hard-boiled egg
7. Popcorn. Put 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag with 1 tsp oil or butter. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. This healthy snack is packed with 4 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber!
8. Tuna and crackers. I love these Tuna Creations Packs. They’re low calorie and high in protein. Have with your favorite cracker and you’ve got a great, hearty snack!
9. Greek yogurt. It has more protein than regular yogurt, although it’s a little lower in calcium and vitamin d. Yogurt is often very high in sugar, but this Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt only has 7 grams of sugar per serving with no added sugar!
10. KIND Plus Bar. Bars are perfect for keeping in your car or your desk drawer for emergency snack moments! Try these KIND Almond Walnut Macadamia Bar. They’ve got 10 grams of protein!
By keeping my fridge and desk drawer stocked with healthy snacks, making the smart snackin’ choice is SIMPLE.
Share in the comments: What’s your favorite healthy snack?